**Great news: TauT listed on Wadax exchange**

Author Topic: "Proof of Transaction" consensus debate - 10 million TAU 12 months  (Read 5598 times)

Offline imorpheus

• TAU Star
  • Topic Author
  • Digital abundance will make world 100 times better

+Info

Re: "Proof of Transaction" consensus debate - 10 million TAU 12 months
« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2019, 12:01:34 AM »
In POT, the power of mining is expanding along time, it is different from POS static stakes. New miners keep on doing transactions could potentially exceeds transaction numbers of old ones, however may at higher cost than old one.
comparing pot to memory based pow is interesting, we do need memory and little cpu to compute the generation signature, however, it is very low computing required and different from hash rate competition.
iMorpheus
TAU - True Asset Unit - Mobile and Decentral

Taucointalk

« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2019, 12:01:34 AM »

Offline Menma

+Info

« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2019, 04:06:07 AM »
In POT, the power of mining is expanding along time, it is different from POS static stakes. New miners keep on doing transactions could potentially exceeds transaction numbers of old ones, however may at higher cost than old one.
comparing pot to memory based pow is interesting, we do need memory and little cpu to compute the generation signature, however, it is very low computing required and different from hash rate competition.

I see. i am beginning to comprehend the technology behind POT. And it seems that the more we get closer to the main net, the more discoveries we have. It is one thing to have another consensus mechanism and yet another to have mobile mining as the main dish.
I got  a few things I want to be considered.

Section
#1 Background -  POW has competition in power leading to an arms race of electricity and hardware. In a way, POT also competes with each other miner by transaction leading to an arms of transaction and spent TAU for that matter. (Much like POS but by "spending")

#2 Tau overview - There is no more iTAU?

#4 Single Utility - Tau's blockchain is not meant for payment because of scalability problems. That's why we use web wallet, but web wallet is centralized, in other terms, easily hackable.

Will people transacting in web wallet not have mining power in mobile? i think we can't have two different transaction method.

#6 Checkpoint and Malleable range - How will TAU Foundation maintain checkpoint signature? Any details about this one and how will the community be involved in the future.

During mutable range, why are miners allowed to "switch block chains"? WHat does this mean?

And what happens when a block mined/reward/harvested in mutable range was not accepted by the miners?

#7 Proof of Transaction - Cumulative difficulty will make it harder for "new" miners to catch up with mining power than the pioneers.

#9 Productcs - mWallet - Universal bank should also be able to do fast transactions around the globe.   

#10 Economy and Governance - We are currently at around 5% coin circulation. how will the TAU FOundation be sure that they will acquire 18% of the Total Circulation? Especially when mobile mining will be up soon, they will have plenty of competitions in mining.

Faucet are nowhere in sight as of now.

Bounty are only available to the "able-minded" individual and not to the ordinary community member. There should be a bounty that is available to all.

The updated whitepaper is awesome by the way, though there a lot of grammatical errors reading along . That should be edited easily and thoroughly though.

Offline Mr. Wolf

+Info

« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2019, 06:27:28 AM »
I really thought we will be seeing updates on UDP hole punching. It's been two weeks now. Anyway, I believe on the team to surmount every challenges. Anyway, I like sir David's idea of "punishing the rich" and by distributing a large percentage of coins to the community, less volatility and control will be far from reality. And for this I do have one suggestion though. Why not distribute most coins to poorer countries globally. There are currently people mostly from Asia but a very few are from Africa. I want these people too to know about TAUcoin. Who is the Marketing Director for this project? I think we have poor marketing strategy and less acquaintance/ speaking engagement with other notable companies who  might also help with greater adoption. Anyway, I would really love to see more people from Africa but I think there is  one problem with that. Most of these underdeveloped countries are not capable of connecting to the web, even so have a mobile phone suitable for mining.
TAE45ttdrqfGAjM95kAzH6DQNXwFUUQQWK

Offline niccanebalasca

+Info

« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2019, 12:46:06 PM »
I would like to suggest to add FAQs to our website to reduce redundant questions in the group channels.
Questions are more common and almost the same for the matter yet different people and even the same ones are asking the same question
over and over again.
Some of the popular questions are the following: (Other community member can add as well)

1. When is our main net launch?
2. What happens during main net? Will our coins in web wallet be lost? Will it be automatically transferred?
3. What is the current price/value of TAU?
4. When are we listing on exchanges?
5. Why is there a need to have 1M users first before entering exchanges? ( I read from other local groups and from other leaders)
6. Is my coin safe in web wallet?
7. How do I mine in pc? How about in mobile?
8. Why is the site not loading in some people? COnnection is good and other sites are ok.
9. How to earn more taucoins?
10. Where to "buy/sell" taucoins?
11. How much is escrow fee?
12. What is the update to TAU-X and tau monopoly?
13. What is TAU-Pay? is it just the same with TAU web wallet?
14. Can scammers account be banned or frozen?
15. Where is the airdrop link, bounty link, faucet link?

Offline imorpheus

• TAU Star
  • Topic Author

+Info

« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2019, 09:54:07 AM »
Wow, Menma, Wolf and Nicc, thanks again for the feedback and debating. You have observed many of our problems and I love many of your suggestions.
We should do a FAQ, agree.
Africa is critical for TAU. I am actually responsible for marketing and am lack of knowledge how to enter Africa markets. What you point out is the mobile phone availability is key concern. We do need people to own an internet connected phone to join the tau community. I think the trend is everyone will own a phone in near future in Africa. Our mobile mining will grant power to those holders to use tau.
POT is an very interesting idea that it derive from POS, but with many key potential and risk. One is that you have to making transactions which could be viewed as spending. However, transactions are added every day, so there is no way you can sit on power since the total consensus power is increasing. If you stay on current power, you are actually lose the percentage.
As for now, we are not very clear on the position of web wallet. Our current daily volume make web wallet work in either way, but we need to figure it out in the future.
Checkpoint signature is a big issue here. Foundation does not want to maintain that centrally, i think community will evolve to generate that on social media or talk coin talk. The key technical issue is "weak subject" that when new nodes coming on line it does not know what chain to trust. this is problem in all non-pow permission less chain. New nodes have to be educated in beginning.
Mutable range is what each node has liberty to conform to the most difficulty chain. we provide this flexibility to live up with temporary forks that caused by network latency and blindness. so that it is only 144 blocks. this also means that tau on main net is not instant payment tool, it takes time to resolve and confirm. this makes it more like "true asset" than flash payment. However, with this foundation, many regional or industrial payment company can build payment via tau settlement main layer.
TAU foundation and me are committed to giving out 82% as widely distributed as possible. this will take many years. I am eager to make it happen, may times be our friends.
iMorpheus

Offline Mr. Wolf

+Info

« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2019, 05:38:09 AM »
Actually there are more countries who are in deep trouble economically speaking. We have Venezuela and some parts of South America. We also have some parts in Europe although a  mobile phone might  be easier to acquire here than in Africa. And we have our neighbors in Asia who are not mostly in the news. Countries who are pro-crypto will just get hold of this tech and might abuse it or plan to monopolize it somehow. The concern is we have to keep all folks from all walks of life to get acquainted with TAUcoin. I guess after the successful introduction of main net and mobile mining, we'll have to engage more in public awareness of what TAUcoin is contributing to the blockchain technology.

Offline etherium114

+Info

« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2019, 07:22:56 AM »
Hello Good morning. Can someone help me understand POT. I am new here and I want to join and win debate too.  Please tell me how does the blockchain generate NEW taucoins? If block rewards is only  by transaction fee, then there is NO NEW coins generated or made. Where did all our TAUcoins come from? Is it from POW mining of TAU? blocks are from transaction fees therefore it is easy to understand that there is no NEW COIN, just the previous ones.  Also, sometimes i cannot use mobile wallet. Sending is not possible. Sometimes it is ok. Is there a problem? I think before undergoing such unannounced maintenance, the community has to know beforehand in order to be ready and prevent unnecessary panic.
TSW3mBUPCpMuQNz3Dy56W2Gev87zwVSF4T

Offline Menma

+Info

« Reply #127 on: January 31, 2019, 02:44:06 PM »
Wow, Menma, Wolf and Nicc, thanks again for the feedback and debating. You have observed many of our problems and I love many of your suggestions.
Africa is critical for TAU. I am actually responsible for marketing and am lack of knowledge how to enter Africa markets. What you point out is the mobile phone availability is key concern. We do need people to own an internet connected phone to join the tau community. I think the trend is everyone will own a phone in near future in Africa. Our mobile mining will grant power to those holders to use tau.
POT is an very interesting idea that it derive from POS, but with many key potential and risk. One is that you have to making transactions which could be viewed as spending. However, transactions are added every day, so there is no way you can sit on power since the total consensus power is increasing. If you stay on current power, you are actually lose the percentage.
As for now, we are not very clear on the position of web wallet. Our current daily volume make web wallet work in either way, but we need to figure it out in the future.
Checkpoint signature is a big issue here. Foundation does not want to maintain that centrally, i think community will evolve to generate that on social media or talk coin talk. The key technical issue is "weak subject" that when new nodes coming on line it does not know what chain to trust. this is problem in all non-pow permission less chain. New nodes have to be educated in beginning.
Mutable range is what each node has liberty to conform to the most difficulty chain. we provide this flexibility to live up with temporary forks that caused by network latency and blindness. so that it is only 144 blocks. this also means that tau on main net is not instant payment tool, it takes time to resolve and confirm. this makes it more like "true asset" than flash payment. However, with this foundation, many regional or industrial payment company can build payment via tau settlement main layer.
TAU foundation and me are committed to giving out 82% as widely distributed as possible. this will take many years. I am eager to make it happen, may times be our friends.

Thank you for this compliment. TAU is indeed unique as with POT. Although there are still many questions to the minds of others, we just do what we do. Improve and develop. If I believe it correctly, the update in the whitepaper is still not the last. there must be something else in the future. Don't you want to include TAU-X and taunopoly to the whitepaper? What aboutr TauPay and TauWork? they are the products evidently..

Offline Kriptolab

• Global Moderator
  • Taucoin Pioneer

+Info

« Reply #128 on: January 31, 2019, 04:06:09 PM »
Holla good friends, you guys are making great contributions here, ranging from tech to use cases. Was following all here just in background, I had to take break and enjoy just reading suggestions, questions and arguments, you made it guys.

Last year I made a list of like 15 FAQs and submitted them to Zi and Vincent, yes they may not displayed them or attached them on our website just because we need more time to develop things, at least we are in a good position for now to have that FAQ as suggested by others as long as Mainnet is very closer, so most people would need to know what is TAU, POT and such similar stuffs.

Yes, am myselft proud to see more focus and discussion was to uplift Africa, I like to call it as Africa - The Decentralized Continent , the blockchain adoption is really a basic need to these regions. Just by citing, I can say the movement has started, for example, Sierra Leone- one of the country from Africa, on march 2018, they conducted a successful selection via the use of Blockchain tech. Also Binance (CZ) have managed to Penetrate and launched Fiat-Crypto exchange in Uganda, Tanzania also are focusing on making Blockchain related research to see how they can establish a fair regulation towards its adoption in within the country,    with lots of movements and adjustment from various countries to make sure they utilize Blockchain that's a good move tho. And am sure TAU will pave the way

Glad to hear TAU has remembered this decentralized Continent, may be has already taken some initiatives to make sure it reaches most people out there, wish you (iMorpheus) with your hard working team a good successful plan in making TAU stand as a perfect and global currency to combat inflation and guarantee wealth control.
📌Kriptolab📌 
🏆TAU - True Asset Unit || The Decentralized Coin || An Experimental Proof of Transaction Coin On Mobile Mining || POT🏆

Offline Kriptolab

• Global Moderator
  • Taucoin Pioneer

+Info

« Reply #129 on: January 31, 2019, 04:16:57 PM »
Hello Good morning. Can someone help me understand POT. I am new here and I want to join and win debate too.  Please tell me how does the blockchain generate NEW taucoins? If block rewards is only  by transaction fee, then there is NO NEW coins generated or made. Where did all our TAUcoins come from? Is it from POW mining of TAU? blocks are from transaction fees therefore it is easy to understand that there is no NEW COIN, just the previous ones.  Also, sometimes i cannot use mobile wallet. Sending is not possible. Sometimes it is ok. Is there a problem? I think before undergoing such unannounced maintenance, the community has to know beforehand in order to be ready and prevent unnecessary panic.
Warmly welcome our friend, glad to have you here. POT stands for Proof of Transaction, a new consensus mechanism developed in which TAUcoin is running from. Its quite different from POW and POS. In PoT, miners compete with accumulation of transaction history, and all mining rewards are generated from tx fees. The total supply of TAU is limited to only 10b and currently we have no any updated that the supply will be increased or decreased. For more help you can consult the updated version of the WP.

Regarding g the wallet App, make sure you  install the latest App version which is working very perfect with me, I send and receive tx with no errors. But keep in mind that all errors are being fixed because its still under development for the Mining part. Welcome
📌Kriptolab📌 
🏆TAU - True Asset Unit || The Decentralized Coin || An Experimental Proof of Transaction Coin On Mobile Mining || POT🏆

Offline etherium114

+Info

« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2019, 02:22:31 AM »
Warmly welcome our friend, glad to have you here. POT stands for Proof of Transaction, a new consensus mechanism developed in which TAUcoin is running from. Its quite different from POW and POS. In PoT, miners compete with accumulation of transaction history, and all mining rewards are generated from tx fees. The total supply of TAU is limited to only 10b and currently we have no any updated that the supply will be increased or decreased. For more help you can consult the updated version of the WP.

Regarding g the wallet App, make sure you  install the latest App version which is working very perfect with me, I send and receive tx with no errors. But keep in mind that all errors are being fixed because its still under development for the Mining part. Welcome

I read somewhere that it will be increased a bit, 11B-ish. Probably that's reddit or medium i dont remember. Anyway, i want to know how the blockchain generate NEW coins. So far as transactions are concerned, there are no block rewards rendering tx fees as "rewards". Where do NEW coins come from? 
TSW3mBUPCpMuQNz3Dy56W2Gev87zwVSF4T

Offline imorpheus

• TAU Star
  • Topic Author

+Info

« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2019, 08:57:33 PM »
I love all debate in this week.
- All coins are generated in genesis block. that is where we can issue coins to community through facebook and google account. The block reward is not a good design since it creates a block reward market that will over shadow transaction fee market. tau encourage transaction fee making not block reward hunting.
- We believe we provided all needed information on website. most keen questions is when tau go to exchange and how much it is. this is the type of questions, we do not really know how to response at this stage. we need people understand trading tau coins is not the way to use it.
- We are unclear about the TAUX, TAUpay now. mostly the legal framework is very tough on these products. you basically have to comply AML/kyc. Or united states will arrest you if you are successful. so now as foundation, the gardian for tau, we decided to focus on 3 things, mobile main net, faucet and tauwork. with success on these, i believe community will do exchange and payment in decentralized way. of course, we can certainly provide traffic.
- agree on etherium114, tau team is learning on how to build mobile main net every day. we are new to this crypto world as well, but with a unique proposal rather than copy others. our software is vast different from bitcoin and eth, we rebuild a new consensus on pure mobile setup. that is lots of technical problems we need to solve.
iMorpheus

Offline Kriptolab

• Global Moderator
  • Taucoin Pioneer

+Info

« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2019, 08:04:56 AM »
 Thanks for the  good clarifications and all the info. Yes, the focus I see is still having a Single Blockchain-Single Utility and this will help in the trading off.

TAUX (TAU based exchange) and TauPay  should not be thrown away as they are most important, yes I know and aware that now the team focus on Mainnet + Mobile mining, but we can keep the TAUX and TauPay as long term products that must co-exist with other products in the days to come.

Mainnet is coming and now approaching 200k users, this shows the team is doing great job. My concern is, when will be the website upgrade? Cuz I am sure we need the more renovated one. The idea of putting other paid projects on home page also is great.

I appreciated the birth of TAUwork, that's really amazing. Its just the start but we as a community are responsible to make it work, its already working and more members involvement is required. The team can see how to engage the community members realize its potential.

Regarding the TAUcoin Mobile App, its pretty cool and works very perfect with me. Yes we are focusing on more decentralized way of life, but I kindly suggest to little hide the key details by adding key details button that when one click it, the details open up (owner's wallet, Public + Private keys), then remove the the receiver's address under send & receive button cuz its available from keys button (section)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 08:10:03 AM by Kriptolab »
📌Kriptolab📌 

Offline niccanebalasca

+Info

« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2019, 12:26:47 AM »
If trading taucoin is not the way to use it, I greatly understand that exchanges won't be coming soon.
If I may suggest, although I think it has been given before already, is it possible to limit the number of coins to be traded on exchanges?
10% - 20% of the total circulation might be enough for trading and the rest is the best use for services as such is provided by TAUwork.
Also If I may suggest that in order to transfer TAUcoin to an exchange, it would be a mandatory requirement to have 1,000,000 TAU as a remaining balance to your mobile/web address.
If everyone will sell their taucoins, dumping will be inevitable. 1M in web/mobile balance will keep the community more alive as they will engage in various services the future will have

Offline Mr. Wolf

+Info

« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2019, 10:27:21 AM »
If trading taucoin is not the way to use it, I greatly understand that exchanges won't be coming soon.
If I may suggest, although I think it has been given before already, is it possible to limit the number of coins to be traded on exchanges?
10% - 20% of the total circulation might be enough for trading and the rest is the best use for services as such is provided by TAUwork.
Also If I may suggest that in order to transfer TAUcoin to an exchange, it would be a mandatory requirement to have 1,000,000 TAU as a remaining balance to your mobile/web address.
If everyone will sell their taucoins, dumping will be inevitable. 1M in web/mobile balance will keep the community more alive as they will engage in various services the future will have

I might agree with this one but I have my own suggestion as well.

Since we did not have an ICO for TAUcoin, it just plausible to have another source of revenue especially if it is needed at a crucial time of bear market and requirements for exchange listing.

I suggest to have a mini-sale, ( This is very much different from ICO, as this will only help "add" funds before listing or get a "pre-exchange price for Taucoin) min of 0.001 btc worth and a max of 0.1 btc after our main net launch when the network is stable and secured.  It should come of course with bonuses from 5% up to 30% or even 50% bonus taucoin. Taucoin pools might either come from a. FOUNDATION balance only  or b. COMMUNITY MEMBERS' balance only or c. half of each mentioned. I would recommend the third one. In thi sway, the  both the Foundation and community members will have equal opportunity to pre-sell their coins.

There would be some requirements of course and this is what I would like to suggest.
1. Participants for the TAU Pool must transfer a minimum of 100,000 Taucoin up to a maximum of 500,000 Taucoins only.
2. Community members can also choose to "buy" from minisale but the non-TAU-coiners are  much welcome to this activity.
3. If this suggestion will be accepted together with the one above, an individual must have a minimum of 1,100,001 TAU to trade TAUcoin in any exchanges.

Why do we need to do this? Let's be honest, exchanges are one way of dumping coins and we wouldn't want that to happen to us and since TAU is not really meant for a pump or dump situation, this could take effect all the more. The Foundation as wel as the community can altogether find ways to "use" TAUcoin in everyday lives and not as one solely affected by exchanges' price.

This can also protect the community and the Foudnation as well.

The Foundation or the community can set the price of the mini sale as well. (Maybe 600 sats or 400 sats or even 20sats each ) We can do a votation or a poll and get the average result since it is wide-ly community focused.

The above suggestions can  be modified in accordance to the best of what the Foundation sees it.
Thank you.

Happy Chinese New Year everyone..

Tags: #debate bounty