**Great news: TauT listed on Wadax exchange**

Author Topic: "Proof of Transaction" consensus debate - 10 million TAU 12 months  (Read 5599 times)

Offline Menma

+Info

Re: "Proof of Transaction" consensus debate - 10 million TAU 12 months
« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2019, 05:17:40 AM »
I noticed in the sending function in web wallet, we can't use a comma for digits in the thousandth decimal places. I think we should allow this in order not to be confused with bigger amounts. Seeing a (,) in a numerical value gives security to senders as well.
10,000,000 TAUcoin is easier and faster to understand than 10000000 Taucoin.

Also, since we don't have a "halving" feature much like every POW coins, can we have a scheme where every community member will know when will the referral bonus be reduced. From 1500 to 168 is a very great "gap" and I don't think the community was shocked of this announcement. then 168 to 100 as announced when we hit 200k users. 1500 - 168 - 100 . Too large discrepancy. Anyway, there should be a detailed "every when" do they reduce this sign in bonus.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 05:19:14 AM by Menma »

Taucointalk

« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2019, 05:17:40 AM »

Offline imorpheus

• TAU Star
  • Topic Author
  • Digital abundance will make world 100 times better

+Info

« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2019, 11:36:55 PM »
Happy CNY. Thanks for the nice input. Let's summarize my idea.
1. Revenue for TAUcoin is not in urgent, we do not have a huge team like eos/eth. Our burn rate is very well managed under my personal financial ability. Without sales of coins, we are very safe in terms of legal matters. Listing on exchange is never a difficult thing for us to do. It is just not mature and right action for now. The crypto space is under huge doubt from public on the survival issue, mainly due to technology. Using a immature technology to bet market long term recognition is like a gamble. gambling is eventually failing. we want to make sure our technology really work and community understand its value, then many exchange will list us rather than we do. I always believed into product rather than channel.
2. Distribution and referral bonus amount is kind of random. I apologize that. The root reason is that in my vision, the bonus will be very very low such as below 5 tau. it is just a little better than no free coins. As we described we want to give basic coins to everyone, but on basic. I assume around we have 1 millions accounts, we shall be able to reach bonus below 5 tau, and then run it is for very long time, eventually, it will below 3 or even 1 after a few years. so that it is really hard for me to come up a definitive plan, it really down to momentum and cost of transactions on main net.
3. TAU work is very important for community members be able to communicate to the whole community about their view on tau value. we just need to persist.
iMorpheus
TAU - True Asset Unit - Mobile and Decentral

Offline Jerrison42k4

• Global Moderator
  • GREATNESS IS IN VALUE

+Info

« Reply #137 on: February 11, 2019, 04:48:37 AM »
1. Revenue for TAUcoin is not in urgent, we do not have a huge team like eos/eth. Our burn rate is very well managed under my personal financial ability. Without sales of coins, we are very safe in terms of legal matters. Listing on exchange is never a difficult thing for us to do. It is just not mature and right action for now. The crypto space is under huge doubt from public on the survival issue, mainly due to technology. Using a immature technology to bet market long term recognition is like a gamble. gambling is eventually failing. we want to make sure our technology really work and community understand its value, then many exchange will list us rather than we do. I always believed into product rather than channel.
2. Distribution and referral bonus amount is kind of random. I apologize that. The root reason is that in my vision, the bonus will be very very low such as below 5 tau. it is just a little better than no free coins. As we described we want to give basic coins to everyone, but on basic. I assume around we have 1 millions accounts, we shall be able to reach bonus below 5 tau, and then run it is for very long time, eventually, it will below 3 or even 1 after a few years. so that it is really hard for me to come up a definitive plan, it really down to momentum and cost of transactions on main net.
3. TAU work is very important for community members be able to communicate to the whole community about their view on tau value. we just need to persist.

well spoken. the product is more important than the channel.
TAU-X    THE PROOF OF TRANSACTION CONSENSUS     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐ Consensus Mechanism 
▬▬▬▬▬▬ Proof-of-Transaction ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Facebook  Telegram  Twitter   ▬▬▬▬▬

Offline Menma

+Info

« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2019, 02:30:44 AM »

Alright, I think I got it already. iT seems that the pioneers really has a great advantage on this one. and Unless they sold all their TAUs for a low price, that advantage will come to the next generation. and trying to avoid legal matters is a good move ahead I guess. The newcomers has to double their effort in acquiring their TAUcoins as the sign in bonuses have been greatly reduced. In the future i can already see the value we are putting into our coins. and we must preserve that from now on.

Offline Mr. Wolf

+Info

« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2019, 02:10:28 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/Tau_coin/comments/aangh7/tau_dec_30th_2018_update/

Following the reddit post above, I believe we are in the 6th phase which includes UI design, RPC between android and blockchain and new wallet implementation on main net. Can we have a detailed update on phase 1-5? Are we now in address base and not UTXO? In about 5 days we are about to be in the 10days testing phase. Any advise so far for the community? i think it is also important to let the community know where we are now with the implementation process.
TAE45ttdrqfGAjM95kAzH6DQNXwFUUQQWK

Offline niccanebalasca

+Info

« Reply #140 on: February 14, 2019, 02:12:41 AM »
The website might be updated but not totally. I want to ask something about that.
There are too many redundancies in the webpage. First, we have the taucoin.io on the upper left side then another home button at the menu section.
Then we have the tauwork buttons too many on the page also.

Bounty for Consensus debate and research was set at 200M which should be just around 200k per week which will only amount to 10.4M in a 52-week span.
What is research all about? Is the extra 189.6M allocated for that? or do we run debate for 1000 weeks?

I also noticed that the Founding team does not include much of the devs aside from Khaled. I think we have more developers who need recognition as well.
Dean Pappas "was" a part of the Founding team and what is he exactly doing right now as communicator? He has the same position as Zi Ren. I think we need to put more
of their contributions especially when we recently found out that we lack some advertising or communication sets. It would be obvious to think that it was Zi who thought of TAU monopoly
and we are slacking on that too. More slacking than ever. It looks like some devs have been removed or have layed low from the team. Otherwise, we are still expecting timely results for the main net.

Lastly, roadmap ends on Feb 28 being the main net. We have been asking for this in the past and time is running with us. If the community sees it necessary to look into the roadmap, then I think it is necessary to update it.
Without any updates on future events, what will the community expect of this project?
Even TAUwork, Taupay and Taumonopoly was "never" a part of the roadmap. Are these pop-up ideas that the foundation wants to happen just when they want it to happen?

Tau-X was once on the roadmap yet it wasn't a success and was not completed to date so it begs the question of the success rates of the succeeding projects such as being implemented.

One thing is obvious, Tauwork "cannot" work properly if there is no price yet for TAUcoin in any market. I believe most people are waiting for TAu's price before engaging themselves in TAUwork.
No one is sure if a 100TAU or 10,000 TAU is worth the while to request or offer a service.

Aside from that, I think the community is doing great with efforts to share TAU and ideas for projects. It's just that too many pop-up ideas are being brought to the community without value-support to back up these projects.

Offline Mr. Wolf

+Info

« Reply #141 on: February 14, 2019, 06:20:16 AM »
well spoken. the product is more important than the channel.

The product is clearly important and focus there should not waver. However, if we don't have a clear path "after" establishing a secure and stable product/tech, it will be unclear as to what steps will be taken next.

Offline Kriptolab

• Global Moderator
  • Taucoin Pioneer

+Info

« Reply #142 on: February 16, 2019, 10:43:31 AM »
It's clear and am sure there will be good products. I have few years dealing with crypto and at least see good movements in TAU Coin devteam.

From what I know, everything must have a start and  be updated to bring more and relevant use cases. I normally see name rebranding from different projects, even it happened to TAUcoin. We normally see wp updates, even TAUcoin did.

I also believe that, when someone walks, one step at a time brings more and effective  journey towards successful end of it. I have full trust and faith that, on mainnet launch, we will see major upgrades including tech, website, Apps, wp, updated roadmap as well so as to bring a clear path.

The ups and downs are inevitable, but our every contribution  contributes a lot in having a strong and solid project.

A provocative QN:
Can someone show me Bitcoin Roadmap?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 11:05:57 AM by Kriptolab »
📌Kriptolab📌 
🏆TAU - True Asset Unit || The Decentralized Coin || An Experimental Proof of Transaction Coin On Mobile Mining || POT🏆

Offline imorpheus

• TAU Star
  • Topic Author

+Info

« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2019, 04:18:26 AM »
Just like every week, i am deeply appreciated with all your feedback.
Niccane's comments on fixing website is right. we are doing that but not as speedy as needed.
To explain the team part, community needs to know one inconvenient truth that is crypto is not welcome by many governments, so we can only release very limited info on team and contributors on web site. I agree we are not full show recogoniztion on true dev team, that is in fact on purpose to keep it private.
Like many projects, we are constantly learning core essence of the crypto. So that I realize "payment", TAUx and gaming are not core value we are to provide. those shall be done by community members to make profit. These seems to be random concept aftermath, now you can see we have reduced and focus on core function more and more. I will limit our effort to merely: mWallet, web wallet and tauwork for long time.
there is no intention to build relationship between fiat to TAUcoin. TAUcoin is taucoin by itself. it will take time to get there. but I believe the mobile mining will be key bridge for that.
Mr. Wolf, we are adding more road maps now. The implementation is under way. we are very active on coding now. since we are vastly different from btc and eth, so we have to write lots of code. In the upcoming version, we removed utxo to save block space, compressed the header to make sure millions of miners are able to sync up. in taucoin.io foundation, we rebuilt the web wallet backend architecture to support more user and be more robust, according to my new medium article "from sharding to replication"
It is very clear to me now. POW is failed. POT is better than POS in total consensus strength. We need to be the real POT permission less and also implement transparent forging and avoid weak subjectivity issue. these will be all shown in road map and will be key differentiations for tau.
iMorpheus

Offline imorpheus

• TAU Star
  • Topic Author

+Info

« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2019, 04:21:24 AM »
Bounty for Consensus debate and research was set at 200M which should be just around 200k per week which will only amount to 10.4M in a 52-week span.
What is research all about? Is the extra 189.6M allocated for that? or do we run debate for 1000 weeks? .
200m is reserved for debate and research. I hope this amount can take us many more years to come, so we really want to save it. i think in 5 years, these 200m will be such a blessing for our technology growth.
iMorpheus

Offline droyal01

• Global Moderator

+Info

« Reply #145 on: February 17, 2019, 05:43:11 AM »

TAU BANK

Tau bank can be a reserve or savings for TAU coin holders. For those who have little coin and would want to increase would save to the TAU bank. It's meant for all as well. Those coins saved would be used to power up tau coin miners for daily mining strength increase. Not only that when main net launches it would aid in checking or reducing excess circulation of TAU coin. When coin is in the bank. So there would not be much Dumping. In terms of the investment. The coin in the bank would be used to invest in other assets which would make it more valuable. There by increasing the value of TauCoin. It would drive more demands for Taucoin.

WHAT  DO YOU ALL THINK ABOUT THE TAU BANK?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 05:51:34 AM by droyal01 »

Offline Mr. Wolf

+Info

« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2019, 01:44:43 AM »

TAU BANK

Tau bank can be a reserve or savings for TAU coin holders. For those who have little coin and would want to increase would save to the TAU bank. It's meant for all as well. Those coins saved would be used to power up tau coin miners for daily mining strength increase. Not only that when main net launches it would aid in checking or reducing excess circulation of TAU coin. When coin is in the bank. So there would not be much Dumping. In terms of the investment. The coin in the bank would be used to invest in other assets which would make it more valuable. There by increasing the value of TauCoin. It would drive more demands for Taucoin.

WHAT  DO YOU ALL THINK ABOUT THE TAU BANK?

TAU BANK is a good idea although it could also be too centralized in any form we are seeing it. I don't think that the Foundation will want to take responsibility of that as well.
In any crypto currency, dumping is inevitable. The main problem would be if the team and the Foundation themselves will be dumping their pre-earned coins and that will be a disaster. 
If the coins in TAUBANK will be used to invest in other assets, wouldn't it declare its lose of confidence in TAUcoin itself?

This is just my opinion so we are hoping that others will share their own ideas to help this suggestion work for the best.

Offline Mr. Wolf

+Info

« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2019, 01:46:02 AM »
Anyway, how do I become a donor?

Offline droyal01

• Global Moderator

+Info

« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2019, 02:35:08 AM »
TAU BANK is a good idea although it could also be too centralized in any form we are seeing it. I don't think that the Foundation will want to take responsibility of that as well.
In any crypto currency, dumping is inevitable. The main problem would be if the team and the Foundation themselves will be dumping their pre-earned coins and that will be a disaster. 
If the coins in TAUBANK will be used to invest in other assets, wouldn't it declare its lose of confidence in TAUcoin itself?

This is just my opinion so we are hoping that others will share their own ideas to help this suggestion work for the best.

i think investing in other assets would also make tau coin of more value  and make it far much acceptable and making it a payment option just like the bitcoin. this is another strength for the Tau

Offline droyal01

• Global Moderator

+Info

« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2019, 02:40:54 AM »
Anyway, how do I become a donor?

hey man! you can check it out here 

https://taucointalk.org/index.php?topic=1135.0

Tags: #debate bounty