Ledger Nano X - The secure hardware wallet

Author Topic: "Proof of Transaction" consensus debate - 10 million TAU 12 months  (Read 28385 times)

Offline Lycan

+Info

Re: "Proof of Transaction" consensus debate - 10 million TAU 12 months
« Reply #585 about: January 14, 2020, 12:08:41 PM »

Hello, lycan. As imorpheus said, it is first in first serve. Thanks for your job.

As per the situation I have just stated above, it doesn't seem to be so.
I made 400 transactions, all 200 ( 4 blocks) went in smoothly coz I'm the only transaction maker.
After that 4 blocks, people started copying my fee and that's when this happen.
My other 200 transactions were all confirmed in around 3hrs after the first 200.

It seems that the chain is favoring 1 transaction per address in case the same fee is being used.
I computed that even if 9 people were using the same fee, 1 block would, more or less have 5 transactions per address.
In 1 hr, one address could make 60 transactions, thus 3 hrs is around 180 transactions; hence additional mining power.

My transactions could not be on the same "TIMING" as did the others because I clearly started earlier when everyone else is using a lesser fee.
I stopped making transactions when I see them ( based on the explorer ) using the same fee that I do.

There is another mystery though.

Exactly 18hrs ago, tx fee dropped to 1.11 TAU with more than 5600 transactions in pool.
If I understood it correctly, it means that those over 5600 transactions are using tx fees lower than 1.11.
Why would people DO THAT? When clearly the median tx fee is above 32 TAU.
It took less than 1hr for it to be 2 tau as fee, then 4 then 11 then back to 35 after more than 3hrs.

It's amazing how these "transaction makers" can make transactions with fees as low as 1.11 without everyone else knowing.
And those 5600+ txs in pool should be "expired" after all. so it would be a waste of time.
It is either they have some loophole used in order for those txs to get in or another way.
It baffles me.

Taucointalk

« Reply #585 about: January 14, 2020, 12:08:41 PM »

Offline Oniichan

+Info

« Reply #586 about: January 17, 2020, 10:20:06 AM »
Once we start using dforum, can we also adjust tx fees there or is it fixed?
For every action we do on the forum can give us mining power so maybe tx fee there should be edit-able.
If not, then I am suggesting that as well.
If the tx fee is not edit-able, then at least make it 1 tau higher than median fee so that it will be confirmed immediately.

Offline Double

+Info

« Reply #587 about: January 17, 2020, 10:39:18 AM »
Is there a possibility of bringing back the 3 part reward of a transaction, especially the part where a transaction maker can earn back 1/3 of its fee used.
I think it will bring people in the forum if we are  to invite "newbies" on TAU and dforum.

Offline Fattah99

+Info

« Reply #588 about: January 18, 2020, 01:05:01 AM »
I see this community developing rapidly with very creative ideas.

Most of the progress in this community comes from the opinions and ideas of this debate contest, even though it is only held weekly. Still, in fact, this debate contest provides many brilliant ideas for developers.
I have a suggestion what if the developer increases the intensity of the debate contest twice a week.
I think this is an excellent thing if there will continue to take care of fresh and brilliant ideas that come in every week, then this is a good thing for us all.
Tau Wallet : THfmU2hbstpmmMdn91ReB82zYqqqz2dqHK

Offline masrizki88

+Info

« Reply #589 about: January 18, 2020, 12:19:40 PM »
Decentralised forums should be launched soon.

In certain countries, forums such as Reddit are prohibited, therefore we need a forum that is not centralised, so anyone cannot stop the forum, including the government.
So that anyone can discuss freely without interference from the government.
Taucoin Wallet : TRC4Ga2AWuynk3fJKtE9RdgYqE2RfjGypY

Offline masrizki88

+Info

« Reply #590 about: January 18, 2020, 01:07:28 PM »
Everyone can be free to argue, but the government sometimes forbids a forum that fits the topic they discuss, we need a forum that is not centralised, and anyone cannot stop it.

Unfortunately, there are still not many forums out there that are not centralized, so we need that.

Therefore, developers should immediately develop this forum as soon as possible because this is something good considering that this forum is integrated with the mobile miner application so that more users will install the Taucoin app.
Taucoin Wallet : TRC4Ga2AWuynk3fJKtE9RdgYqE2RfjGypY

Offline ricftr

• Nope ...

+Info

« Reply #591 about: January 18, 2020, 04:09:58 PM »
I see this community developing rapidly with very creative ideas.

Most of the progress in this community comes from the opinions and ideas of this debate contest, even though it is only held weekly. Still, in fact, this debate contest provides many brilliant ideas for developers.
I have a suggestion what if the developer increases the intensity of the debate contest twice a week.
I think this is an excellent thing if there will continue to take care of fresh and brilliant ideas that come in every week, then this is a good thing for us all.

I agree with this because a community will never develop without fresh ideas from its members.

Besides this debate contest also helps the developer to find out what the members want. If this debate contest is held twice a week then the aspirations of members from this community can be distributed efficiently.

With this debate contest, the members indirectly understood the concept and vision and mission of this community indirectly, and they also helped build this community together with their fresh ideas.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Offline ricftr

• Nope ...

+Info

« Reply #592 about: January 18, 2020, 04:43:29 PM »
Everyone can be free to argue, but the government sometimes forbids a forum that fits the topic they discuss, we need a forum that is not centralised, and anyone cannot stop it.

Unfortunately, there are still not many forums out there that are not centralized, so we need that.

Therefore, developers should immediately develop this forum as soon as possible because this is something good considering that this forum is integrated with the mobile miner application so that more users will install the Taucoin app.

A decentralized forum is an innovative idea. The problem is not many developers out there think so.
I am sure this forum can develop in the future while innovation continues. This forum is an extraordinary breakthrough because everyone can freely express their opinions without any restrictions from any party, for example, the government.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Offline Fattah99

+Info

« Reply #593 about: January 18, 2020, 05:01:59 PM »
In the future, the possibility of transaction spam becomes more massive and uncontrollable, which will cause speed problems on the Blockchain network.

But will IPFS technology solve this problem? Let's say if in one second there are around 500 spam transactions, can IPFS technology solve that?

If the development of ipfs technology is only a maximum of 1000 transactions per second, then the rest has been used by spam transactions. Do developers have a solution for this ?.

Offline imorpheus

• TAU Star
  • Topic Author
  • Digital abundance will make world 100 times better

+Info

« Reply #594 about: January 18, 2020, 05:50:31 PM »
Lycan - the only way to explain is that some one modified our code to do these low cost transaction as soon as it wins the blocks. This is the beauty of blockchain, we are really the protocol not forcing people to use our original code. As long as the communication protocol is followed to win the block, the miner can do whatever they want. Thank you for the observation, it is a good sign that people are customize our code base. This is why i believe we shall be zero sum fee block to allow some miners to give away coins to encourage the community.
Oniichan - tx fee is always flowing according to supply and demand. It is in miners decision to take tx fee, some miner such as community leaders might not want coins so the tx fee could be low to do content selection when the miner has the block. We want to give miners all the power to reflect their vision to shape the forum especially the branch forum.
Double - when you invite people by wiring them coin or send message, you always get higher power.  in the dforum, we have something better. That is to allow block winner miner to give away coins, you can think that as a negative coins block, miners can inject coins into blocks, so that all transaction makers are making more coins. This can also help coins distribution.
Fattah - we are more focusing on long term commitment no matter good or bad time. So weekly is aiming for long term committment, not too fast not too slow. Spam is not solved by ipfs but by coin economy.
Masrizki - immutable and unstoppable voice is our vision. Tau technology basically put all content in ipfs local nodes according to your community preferences. This is a big leap of technology and new trial of user experiences. We also created a new type of content:  voice video. This is to fitting into ipfs current low speed but immutable feature. I will cover what is voice video in weekly tech discussion.
Ricftr - tau dforum is much different from others, first of all, it does have central server or central website. It also believe the power of mobile phone to be full nodes of ipfs and blokchain miner. This is a big bet on the strength of mobile network. Only with this, the decentralization could happen in serverless mode.
iMorpheus
TAU - True Asset Unit - Mobile and Decentral

Offline Lycan

+Info

« Reply #595 about: January 24, 2020, 01:04:02 PM »
 I still don't understand how they are able to know the exact date and time for fees to be lower than 1.5 tau.
    There must be some ways where all tx spammers can know this so that there'll be more transaction on pool.
    Can we also get to know how to do it as well?

Offline Double

+Info

« Reply #596 about: January 24, 2020, 01:07:06 PM »
The "HIT" on the mining app is showing random numbers. How is it process on the protocol?
      On one block, the "HIT" is around 4958 x10^13 = target x power x time = (HIT).
    Then on next block, "HIT" becomes 29, 561x 10^13, then 12,985.
    What results in this randomness of "HIT" in order for miner to hit a block?
    As I can see it, the probability of a low mining power to compete on the block reward is by "chance" when "HIT" is below 5k or lower.
    Even so, the one with a very high power will have dominance since it will be faster to meet the required "HIT"
    I also noticed that even a 100,000+ mining power cannot gain a chance under a 10k "HIT", much more a 100 mining power or even a 10k mining power.
    The probability is so low that amongst top 10 mining power holders, they can get a guarantee of 2 blocks per 1hr; that is 48 blocks per 24hr period.
    The majority of low power miners stood only 0.01% chance of even competing with themselves meanwhile top 10 can guarantee themselves that.

What is your say on this.

Offline Ryan

+Info

« Reply #597 about: January 24, 2020, 01:09:01 PM »
How do we become a node owner on branch chain? What will be the requirement for our phone capacity?
    Are we also required to increase our mining power on tauchain as well?
    Are we required to input some content as well?

Offline Cable Media

+Info

« Reply #598 about: January 24, 2020, 11:41:16 PM »
TAU is a tree of blockchains with main chain coin called Taucoin. Branch chains will
generate from genesis transactions on Taucoin ledger or other branches. Miners use
android phone mining apps to easily store, verify and generate blockchains.

The consensus supporting TAU is Proof of Transactions, POT. It uses on-chain historical
accumulated transactions to determine who can propose a new block on that branch.
Block reward only comes in the form of transaction fee. Each branch of blockchain
uses own coins as transaction fee to reduce the cost. For every address, the
probability of generating a new block is in linear proportion to its historical
transaction. This sum is called mining power, an analogue to hash power in Bitcoin.
TAU uses IPFS, inter-planetary file system, to store transactions and blocks which are
generated by addresses. IPFS pub/sub functions are used for nodes communications.
IPFS Nodes named in the form of QMTAU are sub-set of IPFS and give priority to
TAU blockchain communications.
TAU adopts programing architecture and style supporting mobile devices. Such as high
fault tolerance, self-healing and low computing power consumptions are all used in
this open-sources project.
Inspired by NXT, TAU uses similar methods to generate random number among mining
address, to adjust block interval times and to handle temporary chain forks.
On a base level, TAU uses Bitcoin cryptographic technologies that have been proved
reliable. These include public-key cryptography, digital signature and address-based
transactions.
Like the spirit of USS Star Trek, TAU is a technology exploration to the frontier of
blockchain. We will experimenting innovative ideas on branch blockchains such as full
privacy, 2nd layer, swap and more.

Offline Fattah99

+Info

« Reply #599 about: January 25, 2020, 07:00:27 AM »
I see a lot of people who contribute to this forum, especially in this weekly debate contest.

If the decentralized forum tomorrow features such as other major forums will be launched that will attract the interest of many people other than that can boost the popularity of this community, not only that if the decentralized forum it to be launched in the future, there will be many Taucoin Users.

but it is unfortunate that not all members of this community are willing to take part in this debate contest, if this contest is held twice a week it will attract more members who contribute to this place contest.