**Great news: TAU main net is on now | Enjoy!**

Author Topic: "Proof of Transaction" consensus debate - 10 million TAU 12 months  (Read 16687 times)

Lycan and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline silversteel

+Info

Re: "Proof of Transaction" consensus debate - 10 million TAU 12 months
« Reply #330 about: July 05, 2019, 06:22:42 AM »
I am happy to see this new UI taucoin mining application is a good work from the developer.  But it would be nice if the developer provides a multi-threading option for a while while awaiting the implementation of ipfs

I agree with this, because with the multi-threading option the synchronization will be very fast but it will consume a little more internet data. But on the other hand the tacoin network will be faster because the miner will increase in number and tacoin users will also be happy because the transaction will become a little faster but if the IPFS implementation is complete it might be 200% faster.
Tau Wallet : THkxZWjSeUPZEk8Zg24WA5zFUCaCZLrZEJ

Taucointalk

« Reply #330 about: July 05, 2019, 06:22:42 AM »

Offline BronzeCooper

+Info

« Reply #331 about: July 05, 2019, 09:36:06 AM »
I agree with this, because with the multi-threading option the synchronization will be very fast but it will consume a little more internet data. But on the other hand the tacoin network will be faster because the miner will increase in number and tacoin users will also be happy because the transaction will become a little faster but if the IPFS implementation is complete it might be 200% faster.

if indeed the developer developed the multithreading feature for the time being it would be really good, but it looks like they also need time for it so let's be patient and see what the next developer steps are.
Tau Wallet : TMSwnuiXy8REhLw41bENF3bAxidqTdHhaH

Offline silversteel

+Info

« Reply #332 about: July 06, 2019, 08:24:15 AM »
if indeed the developer developed the multithreading feature for the time being it would be really good, but it looks like they also need time for it so let's be patient and see what the next developer steps are.

yes we have to wait but I can't wait to wait, I'm sure if the developer successfully implements IPFS into the blockchain network, then more and more users will come to try taucoin and maybe it can reduce transaction fees considering the recent fee transactions high

Offline imorpheus

• TAU Star
  • Topic Author
  • Digital abundance will make world 100 times better

+Info

« Reply #333 about: July 06, 2019, 02:29:14 PM »
I would like to reveal some of the thinking behind. Non-POW on-chain consensus is impossible to setup a consensused time stamp. We will never know how long phone mines without the phone hits the target. In the upcoming version, we will add more date for showing the mining detail.
Why it is fair for early adopters to have huge power? we will upgrade the block speed in the future, which means more more will be generated for future address than now. so if some new comers, they want to increase power, the future block speed and size is much bigger and faster, i am talking about 100 times even more. so what power accumulates today will be offset by future technology growth. This  might generated forks among community, but it is essential. there is never real peace in a blockchain community to get to the truth. another option is to restrict the block number time frame like nxt coin, but i think that is a bad idea. we have to trust our community will fix the problem when it become real. Do not over react to fear and desperation.
Why foundation has so many coins? the referral program is our key way to promote and benefits the community, we need coins to fund these actions. Blockchain is a gateway for individual to access freedom of control and inflation in the future. Only freedom of such is achieved, human productivity and elevation is possible to each one. However, a long this road, most of blockchain will be so centralized, which is why mobile mining is here to show however low power it is, but it is there. In terms of POW, once ASIC is controlled, no body can possibility fight against it. we all know it is very easy to control ASIC production in the world. but there is really no way to control mobile mining. it is pervasive and permission less. the last resort facing control, it could easily fork off the censored truck. POW will not be central power resistant.
There are lots of deep thinking in how we design the game plan. Along the way, you will see the things coming our more and more clear and interesting.
The new version in this months will be a very technical one, almost like a USS enterprise dashboard. I hope you will like it.
Another thought i want to put here as record. As taucoin.io, i think we shall only focus on one implementation which is android mining wallet; we will not touch web, iOS, pc, linux or any other  platform. it is because by putting pot, IPFS, android and etc together into a usable product needs lots of focus. given open source, we will rely on other people to do the rest if mobile mining is truly a need.
Given the up and down of the tx fee and pool, i hold faith on the market to adjust the power and reward.
iMorpheus
TAU - True Asset Unit - Mobile and Decentral

Offline Kriptolab

• Global Moderator
  • Taucoin Pioneer

+Info

« Reply #334 about: July 10, 2019, 04:49:22 AM »
I kindly appreciate everyone's contribution here, this is really meant to be a community project, I can feel how glad is iMorpheus and his team are :D .

Based on my findings and discussion with some of my friends in some forums, I found one of the database built on IPFS which is said to suit p2p decentralized web and have good speed to help scaling, you can check their git link here - https://github.com/orbitdb/orbit-db which is also server less, it might be something good but need to be checked

Am not that good expert at that, but it might be helpful, or else, the discussion continues on finding better consensus level regarding this point.
📌Kriptolab📌 
🏆TAU - True Asset Unit || The Decentralized Coin || An Experimental Proof of Transaction Coin On Mobile Mining || POT🏆

Offline Steven

+Info

« Reply #335 about: July 12, 2019, 08:38:13 AM »
I have a few suggestions to our mining app

1. Add an "up and down" button when increasing or decreasing fee
2. Make a notification to "save private keys" when resetting blockchainn data and generating new wallet.
3. Create a notification when our transactions are not sent or rolled back.
4. Set a limit of a number of transactions to be done in a minute
5. A notification set to inform whether a mining power is "too low", "low", "average", "high"
6. A password before opening the mining app, for more security
7. The probability of harvesting a block. A percentage is ok.
8. Number of total harvesters for that block fee

Offline Roadrunner

+Info

« Reply #336 about: July 12, 2019, 10:50:08 AM »
I read a little about IPFS

1. if dev uses IPFS only to store transaction data while the transaction proof is stored on the blockchain and it is separated from the blockchain does that not violate the blockchain rules because what I know is that the blockchain is a single entity.

From this picture I see the Blockchain TAUcoin just like a search engine. Can it still be said as blockchain when transaction data is only owned by the data creator ... I suggest that if Dev uses IPFS then transaction proof must also be entered into IPFS as well and is useful for dealing with memory loads cellphone so the app runs lightly

2. It is very regrettable that tacoin by applying sharding and ipfs is only intended for currency without other features. I think that it is very excessive that we see dogecoin with the speed of ordinary transactions.no one is concerned about that but with ipfs it can make other services such as file hosting and others.

if not then taucoin will be like we are playing tetris games on android nougat with 5GB ram. I hope dev can maximize sharding and ipfs technology because this is good technology :-[
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 11:05:34 AM by Roadrunner »

Offline imorpheus

• TAU Star
  • Topic Author

+Info

« Reply #337 about: July 12, 2019, 11:15:44 AM »
Steven, thanks for your feedback, we will and are implementing many of your suggestions. Everything is good, except 6, the reason we do not use password, it is that "password" is a non-blockchain concept, each cell phone is protected by user's biometric info. we rely on that for the access security. Keep on providing us the good features suggestions.

Roadrunner, for other features, i am sure community will find so many of them once we have the biggest IPFS nodes coverage. Think about this, all tau nodes adding together is a massive ipfs network be able to provide lots of network functions including the communication. We are still yet know ipfs speed since ipfs itself still in development. so i think it is too early to build other function than currency.  IPFS is the immutable storage of blockchain and transactions data. IPFS whole network is one big global storage, that is why taucoin can achieve server less and permission-less.

Kriptolab, orbit has a good vision on chat over ipfs, but i am afraid of that it is too early, since ipfs infrastructure is very stateless and interruptible now, which is hard for instant messenger, it is more fitting for email type of things. blockchain in this sense, it is more close to email. it does not require instant response, so it can navigating the ipfs network spend a few minutes for transactions to confirm, but for chat, it will be a terrible user experiences. but i like orbit spirit a lot.
iMorpheus

Offline Trypto

+Info

« Reply #338 about: July 17, 2019, 02:10:05 AM »
It's been a while since we got update from the app. We all thought we're gonna have a weekly update. All of us have been waiting for that great UI design brought out 2 weeks ago.

I just have some questions regarding an attainable speed and security. Isn't there any  layering protocol on which we can integrate as well. Of course sharding is not an option but what about other options? Isnt this a valuable option for high throughput and low latency as well? I think there are some projects with those ideals.

Overall the app still has sync issues and as I can identify clearly, there are still less miners mining. For reasons they dont study the project, we need more information driven activities so as to cultivate their yearning for mobile mining tech.

for now, waiting for IPFS to be installed, if that is what is called..

X2 block size will be on October right? and another x2 on April 2020

My TAUCOIN ADDRESS:

TR85asr2ZGWugo7mtCNHNieaqQFosdhHAb

Offline Steven

+Info

« Reply #339 about: July 17, 2019, 10:54:45 AM »
Congratulations to team and community. It is a pleasure to find such a good project.  And as I have understood it, it is a fully tech-oriented project, and community based.

Does the team have solid plans after ipfs completion?

With regards to ROI, i believe the project is pre funded by the founder. Is there a tangible and feasible explanatiom as to how the team or the Founder itself will generate income for this project? It may sound personal but i think a little transparency will be very meaningful.

Offline Kriptolab

• Global Moderator
  • Taucoin Pioneer

+Info

« Reply #340 about: July 18, 2019, 04:20:11 PM »
From my thinking, if one found to fund his own project and for his and the community's benefits, its enough transparent ever, else he (iMorpheus) help you and us all only if he see it's important.

Regarding TAU total supply, we only have 2.04 billion TAU as total supply, the 2.1 billion is confusing me and most of the users as seen from FAQs, pls remove this confusion
📌Kriptolab📌 
🏆TAU - True Asset Unit || The Decentralized Coin || An Experimental Proof of Transaction Coin On Mobile Mining || POT🏆

Offline silversteel

+Info

« Reply #341 about: July 20, 2019, 01:10:17 AM »
I think that after the transaction becomes large, the block size will be large and it will take a lot of memory and the possibility of an old cellphone can't synchronize because the memory in their cellphone is full, should Taucoin do block compression as done in TAUT?

I believe if the IPFS implementation is complete the block size will be smaller, but it takes a long time for developers to do research and implementation if the developer periodically compresses the block it will speed up the synchronization time and save storage on the cellphone

Offline imorpheus

• TAU Star
  • Topic Author

+Info

« Reply #342 about: July 20, 2019, 08:02:20 AM »
*** New Vision on TAU ***
TAU technology enables own mobile mining coin on Android network.

On TAU Android app, own permission-less blockchain can be created freely on IPFS without any server investments. Friends use phones to protect and verify the blockchain on “Proof of Transaction” consensus. Riding on TAUcoin main chain, your blockchains will grow from own genesis transaction. They collectively form structure like feather for achieving unlimited total transaction speed.

- Your community will get a full decentral blockchain, for example, Star-Trek-Coin that comes with own genesis transaction, mining, wallet app and android main-net.
- Your blockchain will use own coins as transaction fee, not like a token such as ERC20 relying on ethereum fee.
- Being protected by the global TAU community and open-sourced software, any village can easily establish a crypto currency system with phones.
iMorpheus

Offline imorpheus

• TAU Star
  • Topic Author

+Info

« Reply #343 about: July 20, 2019, 08:07:52 AM »
Under this new technology vision, each one own mobile china is the layers solution and the as-is-sharding solution.
ipfs will free up your phone in the future even blockchain size is huge. you don to need to store blockchain on your phone, they are all collectively stored on ipfs.
We have enough funds to fun the project for next 10 years, so i will not worry about the funding. we need to make project more correct to resolve real problem.

Kriptolab, in genesis block, we are still 2.1b, it is 0.6b is lost or burned. it is kind of tricky to say our circulation is 2.04b. i think both are right depends on how we look at it.
iMorpheus

Offline Kriptolab

• Global Moderator
  • Taucoin Pioneer

+Info

« Reply #344 about: July 20, 2019, 08:23:20 AM »
*** New Vision on TAU ***
TAU technology enables own mobile mining coin on Android network.

On TAU Android app, own permission-less blockchain can be created freely on IPFS without any server investments. Friends use phones to protect and verify the blockchain on “Proof of Transaction” consensus. Riding on TAUcoin main chain, your blockchains will grow from own genesis transaction. They collectively form structure like feather for achieving unlimited total transaction speed.

- Your community will get a full decentral blockchain, for example, Star-Trek-Coin that comes with own genesis transaction, mining, wallet app and android main-net.
- Your blockchain will use own coins as transaction fee, not like a token such as ERC20 relying on ethereum fee.
- Being protected by the global TAU community and open-sourced software, any village can easily establish a crypto currency system with phones.
Brother, this is fantastic, TAUchain is heading to a proper direction I see, hope for more good to come, am looking forward to invest my time in this project
📌Kriptolab📌 

Tags: #debate bounty