**Great news: TAU main net is on now | Enjoy!**

Author Topic: "Proof of Transaction" consensus debate - 10 million TAU 12 months  (Read 13425 times)

Offline imorpheus

• TAU Star
  • Topic Author
  • Digital abundance will make world 100 times better

+Info

Re: "Proof of Transaction" consensus debate - 10 million TAU 12 months
« Reply #435 about: September 07, 2019, 06:49:25 PM »
Thanks for Muxa creating the DAO discussion thread. DAO support seems to be TAU technology future, since we are low cost easy access mining. Most of DAOs can not afford big blockchain platform.
I have spend long time to understand what is really TAU it is, why POT, why mobile mining. Since the research of DeFi, i understand the nature of TAU mobile mining is that we are a blockchain forum management tool. Like this taucointalk, it is still on amazon vps, this could be moved to taucoin branch chain. The forum can manage a defi project or any other project, with content immutable.
I think tau application is the forum blockchain to support an decentralized autonomous org. Our main tau chain will be a test case for Long Crypto DeFi forum. We will need to develop that as our dev pipeline. TAU community can vote on many things to operate Long Crypto.
Steven, there are so many spams in tau referral, we have limit ip address for receiving reward, but they still can login just without reward if spamming.
Ryan, next version is next week. Our goal is to reduce the mining cost, if the pc simulator cost is low, it is fine too. By packing mining as an app, this greatly reduced the cost of mining.
InVerse, the upcoming version is very fast, i tested it. You will see. We are lucky that wechat open source provides us a memory database to fix the problem.
Double, i am only respond to tau now. The information you asked are all in the whitepaper posted on home page.
Catrina, we will double block size when ipfs is ready. We do not have that specific data. Your suggestion on nickname is implemented in the new app. For graphics, we are not yet planning to do that. But that is a good idea.
iMorpheus
TAU - True Asset Unit - Mobile and Decentral

Taucointalk

« Reply #435 about: September 07, 2019, 06:49:25 PM »

Offline Muxa84

+Info

« Reply #436 about: September 08, 2019, 12:37:36 AM »
It is possible to prevent sending coins to itself address? I noticed this wallet on the net that spams every minute sending a transaction to itself. http://tau.taucoin.io/address/TQQZx1TqSUM4J5SSXCdY1wVLsq28a6D3Bt
Still consider transactions with a price less than the Commission cost. This will also contribute to the fight against spam.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 06:48:18 AM by Muxa84 »

Offline Trypto

+Info

« Reply #437 about: September 10, 2019, 02:22:18 PM »
Hello iMorpheus. I want to suggest  classifying different types of transaction according to nature and applying it to our consensus. It has come to our senses since the beginning of TAUcoin conception that Proof of Transaction, as it is now, promotes spamming of "useless" and "meaningless" transactions to create/produce mining power. And because of this, new miners are are not encouraged to join in the mining since (1): Participant reward is gone (2): Those who have spammed since the birth of the mobile mining app has "abused" the network thru spammy transactions

The question begs, what kind of transaction is available to the network and the community at this current stage? (a) spam/ meaningless/ useless ( 0.01 TAU sent with 150 TAU as fee ) (b) real transactions/ real transfer, buy and sell transactions, gifting, rewards, referrals and such. And it seems unfair that those "REAL TRANSACTIONS" are overlooked by the network just because these spammers can choose a higher FEE as a normal transaction maker can afford in its entirety.

So, with this information up ahead. I would like to suggest at least 3 kinds of transactions separated accordingly to benefit all miners and transaction makers on the network.

1. Spam transactions - We already know who spams the network. Sending 0.01 TAU or even 1 TAU and using 150 TAU as fee should be considered as a spamming transactions.
2. Referrals/web withdrawals - Giving referrals is the heart of advertisement of TAUcoin. it is the "ONLY" way to generate "new" TAUcoins from the network. It is just right for it to be received immediately especially when transferring to the app wallet.
3. REAL transactions - Already defined above.

These 3 kinds of transactions, but not limited to, can be divided on the block so that priorities can get first. In my opinion, this will be the ranking according to priorities.

Level 1 priority   REAL transactions
Level 2 priority   Web withdrawal/ referrals
Level 3 priority   Spam transactions

There should be a consensus in which the network will agree to divide the block availability on the network in case all three kinds of transactions exist on the pool chain according to the level of priority.

Example: There are 2000 spam transactions, 2000 web withdrawals and 2000 REAL transactions.

The block will be confirming first 50% from the REAL transactions, 30% from the referrals/ web withdrawals and 20% from spam transactions. (Just in case all three kinds of transactions exists at the same time) If there are only  SPAM transactions on the pool, then 100% according to the fees used will be confirmed from those spam transactions.

If in case there are 100 web withdrawals and 100 spam transactions, or any two of different kinds of transactions on the pool at the same time, the network could agree to have a 50/50 from these transactions.

It could look like a miner can have 3 different "mining power" but options can only be for just "ONE" for mining. It  means that you can choose which kind of transactions you would want to mine from the three given examples but not three (3) of them at the same time.

This is very important in so that transaction spammer can benefit from spam transactions and REAL transaction maker can benefit from their real transactions. Web withdrawals/referrals can be mined by REAL transaction makers.

It could divide the miners and invite more to participate.

This is my suggestion. Kindly ignore this if the idea doesn't fit the totality of the POT protocol.
My TAUCOIN ADDRESS:

TR85asr2ZGWugo7mtCNHNieaqQFosdhHAb

Offline Muxa84

+Info

« Reply #438 about: September 12, 2019, 02:34:18 AM »
We failed to launch Area51 once again. Let's add to the site https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki to gather information about TAUcoin in one place

Offline Steven

+Info

« Reply #439 about: September 13, 2019, 10:23:42 AM »
If the branchchain is open and DEFI will be the first dapp/branchchain from tauchain, will it be already possible for us to also start our chain? Will the team give us a tutorial or some know-hows in order to create such?

Offline bear

+Info

« Reply #440 about: September 13, 2019, 10:26:42 AM »
What will happen to TAU if defi will promote holding when we are using Proof of Transaction. Won't that oppose the original purpose of "doing transactions?"

Offline Cable Media

+Info

« Reply #441 about: September 13, 2019, 07:48:24 PM »
Tech Do you plan to enhance the anonymity of TAU consensus? If yes, how will you going to achieve it without changing the small block size and its consensus itself? On TAU main-net, we will not target a "Zcash" level of anonymity. TAUchain anonymity will only be at same level as bitcoin. However on the personalized Mobile Mining Blockchain, it is possible to implement a high level of anonymity, like Monero. Zcash still requires a trusted setup, which is not ideal. They first need to evolve into trustless, then we can consider to integrate that into our Mobile Mining Blockchain t TAUcoin.io

Offline imorpheus

• TAU Star
  • Topic Author
  • Digital abundance will make world 100 times better

+Info

« Reply #442 about: September 14, 2019, 06:12:38 PM »
Muxa, permission-less is the soul of the blockchain. As long as there is trx fee cost in it, spamming is not scaring. People making self trx will be loyal miner to us. Miners are providers of computing power and security on blockchain.
Trypto, the design of participation reward is to much stress on computing and not really a good idea. Keep it simple is very important for user experiences. I do not think spamming with trx cost is a bad thing. Look at btc pow, it is another form of spamming of puzzle solving with high cost. I agree we need to add more trx types including something like smart contract. We are looking at making tau blockchain to be a reddit like application to support forum operation decentralessly with no hosting cost other than the cell phone. POT is natural of twitter type of app, mobile mining is low cost, branch chain is a hosting for each one’s forum.
Wiki is still centralized system. I think we want to first try to decentralize reddit on taucoin system, then we might add wiki as an function into TAU.
Steven, while we research defi, we found the DAO needs a forum to discuss the policy, there is not decentral immutable forum to do that. We decided to add first real application into TAU, which is an decentral reddit. Each user can post message and open new community. We will add all function into the app, it does not need guide, the produce will explain it self.
Bear, we need to fix the DAO discussion problem first, other wise DeFi is not decentralized.
Cable media, i do not think privacy is our number one priority. But i love your idea to do more on taucoin mainnet.
iMorpheus
TAU - True Asset Unit - Mobile and Decentral

Offline Muxa84

+Info

« Reply #443 about: Today at 03:23:26 PM »
Can you add the address book feature to wallet? So that the address can be named and added to your list. https://prnt.sc/p6uvgq
And when sending, you could choose addresses by name https://prnt.sc/p6uu4h
Sorting and search by name also wanted to see in the functionality.
« Last Edit: Today at 03:30:07 PM by Muxa84 »

Tags: #debate bounty