**Great news: TAU main net is on now | Enjoy!**

Author Topic: "Proof of Transaction" consensus debate - 10 million TAU 12 months  (Read 16790 times)

Offline Kriptolab

• Global Moderator
  • Taucoin Pioneer

+Info

Re: "Proof of Transaction" consensus debate - 10 million TAU 12 months
« Reply #495 about: October 31, 2019, 11:10:30 AM »
Congrats team for the IPDL, another good finding to complement IPFS integration. That's what we have been waiting for months now, much of my appreciation goes to the team for such great move.

My other congrats  goes to the community for being patient on waiting and see great things happening, am sure the team have good promises for us all of which we wail.

Having said that, I kindly remind the team to update the T&C of this debate, as for how long we can still use this thread for debate as I know the set window before is over, we are just in the grace period. That will help us get prepared for the upcoming debate session which am sure will be conducted in our very own decentralized forum, I mean TAU Reddit, with our debate coin :D . This is important to create awareness among the community.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 11:12:17 AM by Kriptolab »
📌Kriptolab📌 
🏆TAU - True Asset Unit || The Decentralized Coin || An Experimental Proof of Transaction Coin On Mobile Mining || POT🏆

Taucointalk

« Reply #495 about: October 31, 2019, 11:10:30 AM »

Offline imorpheus

• TAU Star
  • Topic Author
  • Digital abundance will make world 100 times better

+Info

« Reply #496 about: November 02, 2019, 03:58:45 AM »
Muxa - content censorship in tau chain is not done by admin delete data from chain, but by each community manage the coins well. This is also a way to create value for branch coin. This new concept of content management is new to the world, and reflecting the blockchain revolutionary technology. TAU chain is truely immutable and uncensorship.
Oniichan - we are continuously rewarding admins for all kinds of groups. Please apply if you think you are qualify. We should publish those info here. For branch chain, the admin creating the branch chain initially has all the coins. By participating tau tech dev, you will receive tau which is the the coin needed for registration of branch chains.
Kriptolab - i agree to change t&c in the future decentralized forum, this thread is our history, letís keep it as it is. Regarding IPLD, i do envision that in the future, all blockchain will written in ipld format which cause bring true decentral permissionless data access and storage and cross-chain integration. This proofs that we are still in the early stage of blockchain.
iMorpheus
TAU - True Asset Unit - Mobile and Decentral

Offline Oniichan

+Info

« Reply #497 about: November 04, 2019, 06:37:12 AM »
It has been a success for TAU Team since they launch their mobile mining months ago
And now we are at the edge of having a true decentralized tech thru IPFS integration
With IFPS and IPLD leading the way for hash-link data structure, I wonder if the input would be
sensitive at all to render legit searches from its source libraries.
Upon checking/looking for a CID ( Content Identifier )  will the input be case sensitive?
Will special characters be accepted? Will it be space sensitive as well? The reason why I raised this up is
because obviously, everytime someone inputs the same {name: 'winner' }, for example, they'll all get the identical
CID you've got and in case it isn't case sensitive, for this matter, {name: 'Winner' } will give the searcher
the same CID and if it is case sentitive, as mostly the case is, ( unlike today web searches ), then a diferent CID will be provided
and thus might create confusion. As early as now, TAU community should be educated on how to use this model to have an ease in interface.

Offline Double

+Info

« Reply #498 about: November 04, 2019, 06:41:52 AM »
In my understanding, IPLD is the data model of the content-addressable web
or in other words, IPLD is a set of standards and implementations for creating
decentralized data-structures that are addresably universally and linkable as well.

Isn't this what URL links are already doing for HTML web pages?
What is its significance in TAU tech that "hasn't been around with our current  HTML web designs?

Offline Kriptolab

• Global Moderator
  • Taucoin Pioneer

+Info

« Reply #499 about: November 08, 2019, 04:36:44 AM »
Considering differences in time zones, hahaa, my salutation to everyone :D

Yesterday we all have witnessed a great milestone achieved, that's TAU miner IPFS version, it's a great move towards success and meeting the team's goals.

My concerns is, since the beginning the original vision was to enable every smartphone user with Android v4.4+, to mine TAU. And yes we have seen this since day one of launching TAU mobile mainnet (May 25, 2019). But today we see a change in vision, that we no longer have to allow everyone with smartphone to mine, and I see the mining requirements have been adjusted since the launch of v1.9.5 that only  android devices later than v8 could be able to mine, this will cause more miners to drop out due to that they don't meet this. So instead or encouraging more miners, we now do discourage them cuz I am sure few can afford to buy new devices with the required features.

I argue the team to examine this and make reasonable adjustment  so that to attract more ppl in the game.

Else, my congratulations goes to the whole team for making this great move. Appreciated for this.
📌Kriptolab📌 
🏆TAU - True Asset Unit || The Decentralized Coin || An Experimental Proof of Transaction Coin On Mobile Mining || POT🏆

Offline Ryan

+Info

« Reply #500 about: November 08, 2019, 07:09:55 AM »
All thanks to the team and we have finally reached the initial stages of IPFS integration.
I fully believe that this will only be the beginning of days of bug finding and slow transaction.
Nonetheless, every progress takes us closer to our goal.

I believe the community and the team mostly is now ready to accept  other wallets aside from the mobile mining wallet.
Mining should be different with making transactions. The original vision of "being your own bank" has now faded away because of mobile mining thru IPFS.
IPFS takes a lot of memory at the start and the speed in transactions doesn't really allow TAU to be a wallet-miner "thing".
If I can see it correctly, the team is venturing on not becoming a payment method but a decentralized content. I dont know how to call it but it looks that way.
Although I still truly believe that one day, TAU can be use as a daily payment method, much like bitcoin is being used today by a few stores.

The app in its utmost simplicity and complexity alike has not much improved in interface.
main features of the mining app should be as follows:

a. mobile mining
b. make transactions/increase mining power
c. have a payment system
d. can have a profile for fast recognition

Offline Inverse

+Info

« Reply #501 about: November 08, 2019, 07:25:41 AM »
Hello, I got the recent update and it is quite absurd in my own opinion.
Why would a pure mobile mining coin produce a an update that's not mass user friendly?
The requirements for a mobile to run such mining app  is just high from the previous versions.
At least can we have good reasons for having so?
Is IPFS that heavily dependent on higher OS?
Will old phones be useless for this matter? contrary to the widely accepted " Old phones can now mine TAUcoins" view?
In my humblest opinion, this might just get TAU less and less miners. Or in the case of people using emulators,
it will be just like a race of POW coins such as bitcoins.

We can accept that the update is still early yet we can also envision that the future updates "MIGHT" require for a higher phone version
and this is not even good for the community. It seems that the longer we develop the tech, the higher requirements must be met

What can you say about this?

Offline Lycan

+Info

« Reply #502 about: November 08, 2019, 09:49:45 AM »
I can see that we are getting on the road for TAU tech with IPFS and I know that it will be a huge thing for the community.
But before we had this IPFS technology, we were so into TAU developments that we have them hanging in the past. There are at least
a few TAU develpoments which were abandoned, I would say, because of the notion that the team is into tech and is still developing it.
I would like to identify those developments that we had before and what would TAU Foundation or iMorpheus would plan out of them.

1. TAU-X - This has been unexpectedly forgotten and is one of the highlights of TAU in the past. This could mean an exchange of bitcoin to TAU and vice versa.

2. Taucointalk forum - After this developments, we immediately  jump on board and harness it full potetial, to dismay, was not even used totally even as of today

3. TAU Monopoly - a game designed to distribute and be enjoyed by the community while playing the game. Although no one has seen this start, I think the idea of a game to use TAU is still intact.

4. TAUWORK - After having this idea, the team had everyone on their toes to show-off their talents and abilities and advertise them online. We had lots of applicants willing to share their talents for the price of TAUcoin.

5. P2P groups -  As of todays standing, there are more days of dead trades, meaning, no trade has ever happened.

6. Shared mining power - This was previously explained with its supposedly abuse in the future, though the way we are seeing it right now, it could have helped small-mining power-miners to have a shot in mining a block.

7. TAUT to TAU conversion - Web wallet TAUT to TAU conversion has already started but it wasn't what everyone else expected. Majority of TAUT holders kept their TAUT in mobile app as per David's instructions to prevent further hacks in centralized web.
                            What can we expect on Jan 1, 2020? Will there be a conversion from mobile wallet too?

Offline Cable Media

+Info

« Reply #503 about: November 08, 2019, 08:52:52 PM »
Some people only care about 1m users etc. What you're missing is tht when DeFi is live in tauchain,who wouldn't love a free incentivize token that creates a dividend?

Offline Muxa84

+Info

« Reply #504 about: November 09, 2019, 01:59:21 PM »
Thank you for the air you create) Without it we cannot breathe.What do we do after the launch of the forum? How will we enter the market, and how to show ourselves?

Offline imorpheus

• TAU Star
  • Topic Author
  • Digital abundance will make world 100 times better

+Info

« Reply #505 about: November 10, 2019, 04:06:49 AM »
Oniichan, the current version is only use ipfs for data transport. We will upgrade the POT consensus to full ipfs/ipld decentral computing in the next version, which will take some time. On ipfs, content is always case sensitive, however hash numbers are not.
Our initial target customers are DAO operators and community. Since we have found webauthn, we will re-launch taux and web wallet. Web authen will be soon added to w3c standard, which provide us a historical opportunity to do password less and client side private key computing. This architecture is super secure and smooth. A big wave will happen on web authn.
Double, ipld is similar to url structure. It is just url is sever locator which is naturely centralized. IPLD is decentralized so to support Permalink functions, which is an amzing content server functions for both users and app integrators.
Kripto, ipfs require android v8, which we have no power to influence them. But we will soon enable web interfact, so that iphone can access us over there. I guess in order to be a miner, you just want to be gear up with wifi, 2g ram and android 8, which i believe reasonable for miners. For users, just use webauthen on browser and permalink for decentralized content retreive and publish. This is a cool function, you will see that in product which is exciting.
Ryan, we have engaged much research on position taucoin and product. Apps seems to be good just being miners that is able to mine and wire coins. This is ensure truely decentralize and global computing in every village. Our permalink integrated with web will make it easier to use for regular users. It is centralized on web, but all the data are on decentral blockchains. I in fact argue that blockchain has failed to be instant payment tech, but it has established asset and security existence. TAU is a new trial on content decentralization and valuation. Content with its community will have exchangeable value represented by many type of coins.
Inverse, thanks. I think the phone is naturally more and more powerful, in 2020, all phones will be 2g above with android 8. Ipfs base need version 8 too. Please use dynamic view to look at mobile computing. WindowXp will not run on pentium 386, which is a not too long ago event.
Lycan, TAUx will relaunch under webauthn which is fresh new in 2020 in w3c, iphone will supported next year together. Very new movement. Taucointalk will be coin driven when new forum is up, so much value will be established and exchanged on taux with eth. We do not plan to do game on tau, content forum for DAO projects like defi is more critical.
TAUT to tau conversion is a tough matter. We need to solve it if community feels really needed by most of members.
Cable, we will help Defi community in building the DAO, so far all defi is not be able to run management on decentral platform.
Muxa, i would not worry about promotion. We have a 700k mailing list who has signed up tau, i think many of them will try our decentral forum. We did not promote now is because we are not confident enough to do that. Once we are, it also means we have solved key tech, we will promote and you will promote and everyone will help and incepted in mind by decentralized social media. The permalink and coins are very cool stuff.
iMorpheus
TAU - True Asset Unit - Mobile and Decentral

Offline Oniichan

+Info

« Reply #506 about: November 12, 2019, 08:45:13 AM »
With regards to IPLD supporting permalink functions, is it possible to connect non-IPFS content through IPLD?
I'm not really sure how it works. Or it is only through IPFS to IPFS contents? Can the social medias that we have right now
be catered and link using permalink in IPFS? Sounds like a newbie question really.

And for WEBAUTHN, will it work side by side with TAU-X? Don't we have problems with centralization with that?

and for overall data, it looks like we'll be consuming more months of developments from IPFS integration alone.
Can you agree to have a reasonable edited roadmap for these accomplishments? It is too much for the community to handle let alone
that only leaders have to explain to them.
The months to follow will be crucial as we are losing more community members unfollowing TAU's progress.

Offline Lycan

+Info

« Reply #507 about: Today at 04:11:00 AM »
Hello Mr David. In developing TAU technology, there are lots of other projects involved, most of which are also in the early stages.
The community wants a hold of "all" the possible tracks TAU Foundation has to tread in order to successfully provide a decentral mobile mining forum etc..
The community may want to have some foreknowledge of what we are to expect in the coming version updates, what bugs to expect and other expectable hindsight in the future.

So I suggest to have an AMA, probably not in the coming days but before the year ends as an interaction with the resilient community.
An AMA on discord would be a good idea. Most people might ask about prices but Im sure you already have an answer to that.
Technological methodologies and experimentation should be the topic for that AMA, in case it materializes.

Thank you.

Tags: #debate bounty